Saturday, November 22, 2008

Another Successful day

This morning the alarm went off at 7:50AM - not my favourite time of day, but himself wanted to go to an Economics lecture (the result of a senior moment near a lamp post displaying the advertisement for it), so off we went. The morning started triumphantly as the door to my boat closed behind me and I realised the keys were still inside.... OOOOOOPSIE

We enjoyed pootling along on the motorbike through the quiet streets of Oxfordshire, and arrived at the lecture location in plenty of time. I decided to park on the street. I was going at snails pace as I turned the bike in the curb, and then out again to line it up for the perfecting parking spot. Unfortunately the bike hit some leaves, and time promptly slowed down as the bike toppled over with me still holding on to the handle bars and Maffi holding on to his knees. We fell so slowly I was wondering whether to book some tea for the journey down, and Maffi said he was thinking 'oops' then 'ah, it is ok' then 'ah, it isn't' then 'hmm we have landed'. It was rather like a comical cartoon moment in my mind. Neither of us were hurt (I scuffed my knee), and I think the combination of top box and handlebars stopped the exhaust, tank or us getting damage. It was all frightfully graceful - good job too as the economics lecture was full of all sorts of north Oxford toffs.

The bike doesn't have a scratch on it, and Steve came to the rescue by bringing his spare keys up - hurrah! Thank you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nev Wells said...

Leaves - trains narrowboats and bikes all can't cope with them. It's only a matter of time before the US military start using them offensively !

Glad all three of you are ok,

Nev

1:03 AM  
Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Ha ha sorry to laugh, but I have a picture in my head now of you both falling off in slow motion. At least you are both ok.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dam.
i was SO determined to make it into this weeks blog.
dammmit.

Charrrliiiiieee :)

6:40 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

there is plenty of time my dear.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home